If creating an infrastructure for a brand-new platform gets you excited, you’ll definitely want to keep on reading. Because in this role, that’s exactly what you’ll be doing! Delivering support and fixing bugs are also on your to-do list. And even though you’ve been around the block and speak ‘tech’ fluently, you’re eager to learn new things.
Every adventure needs to have an objective. Yours is to help us transition to a Kubernetes-based printing platform. Our current stack consists of serverless applications and some containerized services. Part of this transition is migrating to separate AWS child accounts for our environments. And even though no day will be the same, the following activities will surely pop up as you progress through your journey.
– A daily stand-up with your team.
– Creating the infrastructure for our new platform.
– Providing second line support for infrastructure-related issues.
– Ensuring highly available services.
– Supplying developers with debugging and observability tooling.
– Working with our tools, including AWS (AKS, Cloudwatch, EC2+ ALB, Lambda, API gateway, DynamoDB, RDS), Gitlab, Terraform, ArgoCD and Kubernetes.
– Every Friday, you get to work on your own ideas.
Be sure to pack a fair share of work experience (+/- 2 years) and loads of ambition. This journey is a perfect fit if you’re curious and an excellent team player who’s also good at flying solo. Other things you’ll definitely need for this printing adventure:
– You’ve worked in a software spectrum (IT or Devops) before;
– You know your way around containers and CI/CD sofware;
– You have AWS (or GCP/ Azure), Kubernetes, Terraform and Git experience on your résumé;
– You’re well acquainted with monitoring tools like Grafana and Prometheus;
– You have decent knowledge of Linux, Bash, SDN, Conf.management and Clustering Concepts;
– You live in a time zone between UTC -1 and UTC +3;
– Communicating in English is no problem for you;
– You get bonus points for experience with GO/ NodeJS and Typescript.
Meet the crew
Our entire crew totals over 350 people of which 100 work at Print.com HQ in Deventer (the Netherlands). You’ll be working closely together with 25 development colleagues, including Code Engineer Erwin. Want to talk tech and hear more about this role? Feel free to send him a message: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Extra flight information
It’s important to plan the occasional stopover during a high-speed flight. Take a moment to catch your breath and give your legs a stretch. You get 25 days off and an extra day to celebrate an international holiday of your choice. We have your retirement plan covered too, including the contribution (which we’ll pay for). Last but not least: the compensation for this role lies somewhere between €3000,00 and €4500,00, depending on the experience and knowledge you bring to the table.
Like to work from home or our Amsterdam office? No problem. We can also save you a seat (and a desk) at our headquarters in Deventer. Rest your eyes on the stunning view over the IJssel, right from your workplace. There’s plenty to see, including varying water levels, beautiful wildlife, and all kinds of birds. And nature’s reward for a hard day’s work: a stunning sunset. Also part of the deal: 200 on-site parking spots and a bus stop nearby. The main station is an 8-minute bike ride away.
Are you the Cloud Engineer we’re looking for? Reply and who knows: we might fly off to a new adventure together in the nearby future.
PS Special ticket conditions apply for recruiters and recruitment agencies. Get in touch with Lucas (email@example.com) for more information.